Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Stretch of Nervous and Indiscreet Eating

Well, I've returned to life in a NYC law firm. For the past year, I have been working my own hours to help develop The Fit Woman website with Linda, and to write our e-book, Why Weight to Train? (which is complete - we are just working on programing the book's security features before sending it out). I was able to focus on my workout and diet.

Now, back in Downtown Manhattan, I write, argue and brief, then I go for a falafel sandwich and ice cream cone. I have also decreased my workouts just until I can acclimate to my new work schedule. This has been going on for three weeks, and it is no surprise that I have put on a few pounds.

But the amazing thing is that the extra pounds did not go to my thighs - they did not go to my belly -- in fact, the extra pounds doesn't seem to have traveled to any fatty tissue at all. Instead, it shot right to my biceps and shoulders! In other words, the extra calories turned into muscle!

I am not going to push my luck - this week I will be returning to my greens and tuna fish with low-fat mayonaise (which I actually do enjoy). But it is nice to know that a temporary stretch of nervous and indiscreet eating will not do much harm once you lower your body fat to a certain percentage and replace it with lean muscle. I am sure my lean muscle to fat ratio works better than any diet pill could to protect me from getting portly.

Ciao for now, Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home